Facebook users now get easy access to FreeSMS
I have been posting a lot about FreeSMS lately. In fact, we have been working a lot on it! This one should be a good news for many of you who did not like the phone-registration process. Starting from today, users signing in to Rangeen Chara using Facebook connect can send SMS without registering their phone number with us. The driving factor behind this step is our decision to accept Facebook Id as a proof of identity. We will be sending Facebook Id along with the SMS message so that recipients can figure out the sender of the message if they desire. Users who have an account with us can still use their Facebook account information to log in and send SMS without registering the phone number. Members without Facebook account still need to register their phone number to be able to send SMS.
The number of registered users crossed 400 today. There are many users new to FreeSMS and here is a short introduction to FreeSMS for them:
- FreeSMS is a service using which you can send SMS to Nepal for free. You can send SMS to both Nepal Telecom (NTC) and Mero Mobile.
- New users can send up to 5 SMS each day during the first month.
- After one month, members can send 2 SMS each day.
- At any time, members can upgrade to Premium account and send up to 10 SMS per day.
- Premium Account holders can send longer messages compared to basic members.
- Facebook users can use their account information and start sending SMS to Nepal for free without registration.
- Members who do not have Facebook account need to create an account with us and verify their phone number to be able to send SMS.
We are thankful to our members for loving FreeSMS and for providing valuable feedback!